An Open Proposal to Google Creative Labs
The short of it: I have a feature documentary - titled For Thousands of Miles, or FToM for short - about bicycling across the United States, I would like to release this film online for free using a special player that takes full-advantage of webGL to expand and share additional stories within the film that otherwise could not be shared in a linear manner.
Why approach Google Creative Labs? To be blunt, I can’t accomplish this alone. To build a collection of in-depth experiences tied around an hour and forty minute long film will require a tremendous amount of teamwork and technical skill that I alone do not possess.
I can see three roads to take here, 1) find a way to fund and organize this team independently, as I am not independently wealthy, this option raises more questions than it answers; 2) reach out to the same Creative Lab that built projects like ROME or Wilderness Downtown, the same Lab that best understands what challenges exist in building an experience like this; or 3) admit that I’m over my head and lost, and abandoned this idea.
- hellokaylo likes this
- despauterio likes this
- wantering-loves-you likes this
- thefemgeek likes this
- thefemgeek reblogged this from mikeambs and added:
- jacksonwest reblogged this from schlomo
- rockingliketwoolddrunkards reblogged this from ftomfilm
- rockingliketwoolddrunkards likes this
- hayekd likes this
- ericahampton reblogged this from mikeambs
- ericahampton likes this
- lifesamitch likes this
- schlomo reblogged this from ftomfilm
- mikeambs reblogged this from ftomfilm
- brandonjb reblogged this from ftomfilm
- lanbui likes this
- ftomfilm posted this